Saturday, February 12, 2011

Love on the Rocks


To My Sheri,

Rocky Mountain National Park
Circa 1986
There is a photograph on our bedroom wall showing one of the most magnificent settings in all of God’s creations.  In background is the clear, icy cold water of a Bear Lake surrounded by the majestic Rocky Mountains.  The altitude is over 10,000 feet.  God really knows how to set a scene.

Off to the left, atop a huge bolder sit you and me, kissing.  The younger version me in the picture could have never imagined loving you more than I did at that time.  The present “me” can honestly say, “I had no idea it could be this good.” 

What God has created in you and me, and the love He has given us for each other, far exceeds the beauty of His handiwork shown in that picture. God really knows what He is doing.

So, knowing how much I loved you twenty-five years ago, how much more I love you today, and knowing the Lord continues to work in our lives, I ask myself, “How much more will I love you twenty-five years from now?”

I can only imagine.

Happy Valentine’s Day

No comments:

Post a Comment