Tuesday, February 1, 2011

God Got da Beat


Sinner in the Sand AKA Crayon Wrangler
First of all I would like to extend a very heartfelt and sincere thank-you to a wonderful friend who may have given me the push I needed. When I started this BlogSpot, the idea that anyone would ever read it never even entered my mind. BUT NOW I have been ENDORSED, or in her words Pimped Out, by the very gifted and accomplished blogger, Crayon Wrangler, who I remember from years ago as the “Sinner in the Sand”. So now, I guess I will have to start putting some real thought into this thing.  At first, I don’t think I will be able to do a daily post but I will commit to at least one per week.  So, until I can get my brain wrapped around this thing I will be posting some things I have written in the past.
You should know that for the first fourteen years of our marriage Sheri and I were not able to get pregnant.  I will give further details about this miracle in our life but for now just listen…..
Family and Friends,
It was the most phenomenal sound either of us had ever heard.  Beautiful really; amazing.   More beautiful than any music we have ever heard, and Sheri and I have had the privileged to be in the presence of some of the most gifted, masterful musicians in the world.  Though this wasn’t music we were listening to it resonated with rhythmic perfection.  I believe it was divine perfection, for I know without doubt that this sound could not be produced by the combined genius and artistry of the present or past.  No, this was indeed the handiwork of God Himself.  Because of the advances in technology, we were able to hear through the wall of God’s workshop and listen as He “knit together” one of His “fearfully and wonderfully made” masterpieces.  Today, Friday, March 24, 2000, we heard our baby’s heart beat and smiled.
Gordon & Sheri
Psalm 139:13-16
13 Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out;  you formed me in my mother’s womb.
14 I thank you, High God—you’re breathtaking!
Body and soul, I am marvelously made!
I worship in adoration—what a creation!
15 You know me inside and out,
you know every bone in my body;
You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
16 Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;
all the stages of my life were spread out before you,
The days of my life all prepared
before I’d even lived one day.

4 comments:

  1. You have always been a great word slinger. Brings back those Krispy Kremes we devoured waiting for Maddy to make her appearance....

    Nelda and I love and apprepriate all of you, including Sadie and Prennie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well she certainly has a knack for pimping out the right people. That letter was beautiful.. I cannot imagine having waited 14 years to hear it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool picture of Crayon! Aw...how truly special. Thanks for sharing. Amy @ http://mommetime.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Sinner in the Sand...why couldn't I have been the "Awesome, Wonderful Young Lady Relaxing On The Beach" Ahh...those were the days!

    Gordo - This letter brought me to tears. I remember each time I laid on the table listening to the thud of each intentional beat of God's blessing. Knowing that each pump of that amazing heart was bringing a life that God had purposed with love.
    Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete